I woke up this morning with a perfectly clearhead I didn't even feel a little bit ill. I mean I was really expecting to. But I didn't I felt better than I do most mornings actually.
I got up did some bits and pieces. I got a phone call at 11:30. Unknown number. I was kind of expecting it to be my mum telling me to get up or Pete asking how my head was. But no Unknown number. Work. It's been a while since they've rung me. It was Lorraine. First question "how's your head?" "fine" So yeah she wanted to ask me if I wanted to go in at 12, no chance. I wouldn't make it there on time so no. So I said that I'd go in at one.
Lalala in the car, mum rings "you up then?" "No" "Oh I was just checking" "I'm on the way to work now" "What I thought you weren't in till two" *explains about phone call* Mum hangs up, phone starts ringing again- Pete. "I hear you were too hungover to come in at 12" "What no I wasn't" "That's what I heard" "Erm no"
I go in and bump into Kat together. We go downstairs and then into the canteen. Caroline and Racheal both ask me how my head is. What? Fine. Then I gotcalled a piss head by both of them. Turns out Lorraine had told everyone that I sounded rough on the phone and was too hungover to go in at 12. Er no.
I go up Aidrien had obviously got out of the wrong side of the bed and was being more miserable than usual. I was sent out to the kiosk. Turns out Nina had called in sick and thats why they wanted me ijn earlier. Why there were plenty of kiosk trained people in, why call me?
So yeah spent a while in there. Pete came out to activate the scratch cards coz no one else knew how to. He showed me but I can't remember now. He wouldn't believe that I was fine. What ever.
Nina came in at about 4 and asked if they thought that they would let her go home early. How about no? She'd already come in late. Would it really have been worth it for a couple of hours, I mean I could have just stayed in there but no, I went back out on checkouts. Took Judith off the Kat took me off for a break. Went back up on my till then Kat came and took me off again to do Ninas break then I went on a different till and The Lindie took me off for my break. It all got pretty confusing after that.
Aidrien had asked Becky to get someone to move aload of stuff at the front of checkouts. You know like mini fridges and stuff so me and Lee started doing that. Then Becky asked me to do putbacks then gave me the phone and then I was doing put backs and running at the same time which was a pain in the ass. I mean It would have been fine but Lindie and Jodie are under 18 and I had to keep authorising their alcohol and stuff and the always called when I was nowhere near checkouts. So my feet hurt now. Lol. But I got them done and stuff.
I'm betting I get a phone call sometime tommorw coz Nina said she's not going to go in. And when in doubt who do you call? That's right, me! I just hope it's not Aidrien who calls coz I'll ened up saying yes if it is.
Monday, December 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment