"The deep breath before the plunge"- thats one of my faveourite quotes. It's from Lord Of The Rings. Gandalf says it to Pippin, before all the fighting starts.
I don't know whay but I thought of that today when I was at work. I was just sat there and it popped into my head. Maybe it has some significance, I dunno.
Maybe that's where my life is at the moment. Maybe its the time before everything happens. I'm at college for like another month, not even that. I still don't know what I want to do. At the moment everything is calm(ish) but soon everything will be hectic and I won't know what to do, coz it's gonna mean making choices and thats what I'm worst at.
I worked last night- that was not funny. Kat had arranged for me and Sam to cover her shift silly moo. I could have gone home early but Jane said that I had to stay, I can see why coz at nine there were only three of us on checkouts and then Steph went at half past so there was me and Becky. And..... I was on till three allll night. I hate that till and Jane said that I wouldn't be there all night but I was. But then she did give me a lift home so hey, I didn't mind too much really.
Went to work today. I spent like most of the day stood up, which is crappy. But luckily I was wearing my flat shoes not heels (see Jane there is logic in my madness). Today was pretty crappy really. It was really busy and stuff so I didn't ever get a minutes peace.
Pete asked me to stay on till seven. I'm sure he asked because he knew that I'd say yes. Knew that the chances of it not happening were minimal.
I should have said no.
I know that I shouldn't work as much as I do coz I've got college work but if they ask I do it.
I should arrange my overtime in advance like everyone else does. Not wait until five minute before hand, until they need someone- anyone. That's what it is. I'm the only one stupid enough to do it. I know alot of the others won't especially the older ones. It's us "younger ones" that will do anything empty freezers, work with five minutes notice, stay on longer if we're asked.
So...... anyway. Pete wasn't allowed to go early so I could. I went at six. Which messed me around a little because my mum was still in Bath decorating Aunty Dens kitchen. But anyway I don't really care it just means that I'm less likely to get taxed this month.
Mum and Dad talked to Laura today, while I was at work so I haven't spoken to her. Anyway shes having a good time. I'm not sure if I miss her or not, it's wierd. But then she's only been gone for a couple of days.
It's alright for some, I'm stuck here in England where it's bound to be cold, and I've got three exams while their away. Not fair.
Oh, we were talking about dream analysis in psychology soo when I can remember some of my dreams I'm gonna put them up here. But that means remebering them. I don't think I'm dreaming anymore. I can't remeber having one for ages.
Saturday, May 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment