Music is a powerful tool. It can envoke feelings in you and bring back memories of the past, whether they be happy or painful.
Music helps the people come together.
I think it does. Music helps to bring people together in a single moment. In that moment they share something in common no matter who or indeed what they are.
I was listening to random songs today, I got bored and so thought I'd amuse myself.
I was listening to the Spice Girls (I know) and there were the memories of year 6. The assembly, Oxenwood by the bonfire, On the hill at the fete, the end of year.
Viva Forever always reminds me of the end of year 6. We were going to perform it onn the last day and change the words and stuff. It was all so convinient, Geri had just left the band and Aimee had just had her tonsils out so she wouldn't be there - she was Geri. Strange coincedence. Things were so much easier then. I didn't have to worry about the future but I had it all planned out. I knew what I wanted to do, or at least what I thought I wanted to anyway.
Oasis songs remind me of when I left Kingdown. All I remeber is the crying, I thought it was the end of the world. I never thought I'd be that happy at college that I'd never be able to live without my friends there. Look how wrong I was. College wasn't the end, it was the beggining.
I'm always listening to music when I read books sometimes the same cd over and over again. The songs then become associated with the books. Everytime I heard a song from Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay I think of hobbits and stuff coz that's what I listened to when I read the book. There are several contenders for when I'm reading Half Blood Prince next week although that probably won't last long so it wuldn't really matter what I listened to.
Anyhoo......................
Music means so much to me. It's a medium through which you can express your mood. It can raise your spirits or in the worst case bring it down. Music is always there. The world would be almost silent without it.
I have no idea if this actually makes sense to anyone but me. But then I'm not sure it really makes sense to me, I'm just rambling like always. I might shut up soon. Probably................... Maybe.
Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment