I was supposed to go to work today. I didn't know, but apparently I was supposed to do 2-7.
After we went to kick boxing (well Laura did, me and mum just tagged along like we do) we went into ASDA to get some bits. When I walked in Kevin saw me and went "can I have a word with you about work?" I was like "Ehat did I do?" He goes "it's more what you didn't"
Anyhoo I was supposed to work 2-7. But in my defence the rotas got lost and I asked several people to check them for me to see if I was working and I wasn't down. Jane even offered me shifts for today but I said no, so how was it missed?
Anyways it can't have been that busy coz no one noticed I wasn't there until 7 when Racheal went to send me home and I wasn't there, even though I should have had a break. And Kevin didn't seem to care that much, he's a good manager isn't he- someone doesn't turn up for work and he doesn't mind.
Yeah and Roxanne asked me to cover her shift next Friday. She works 4:30- 8:30. I was like I'm already working. Kevin was there and asked what time I was working, I told him and he goes "do you want to stay until 8:30 then?" "Umm yeah ok then" I felt guilty about today and he was just there smiling at me as though he knew that I would say yes.
Anyhoo I bought a new CD player when I was in there. It's only a little cheapo thing but it's tiny which is what I need and it looks a bit like a bubble which is cool and some of the new Wonka bars.
On our way out we stopped and talked to Becky and Angela who were at customer services. My mum took great pleasure in telling them that I slept until 11:40 this morning like she had done with most of the people that she had talked to in there. Kevin who was on his way home I think over heard as he walked past and said that he got up at 4 o'clock most morning so if I needed waking up he would ring me to wake me up. Erm no I don't think I shall be getting up at four in the morning for anyone thank you.
So yeah he then walked me to the door. He was there saying that he believed that it trully was a mistake and that usually I'm quite reliable (erm I'm always reliable thank you) and that he didn't want me to think that no one missed me. OK. If you say so. If someone had rung me then I would have been in, I mean all I did all day was re-arrange my bedroom coz I was bored, but no one did. No one noticed I wasn't there until the end when I was supposed to go home. That's nice.
Must double check next weeks overtime to make sure.
Friday, July 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment