Sunday, October 23, 2005

Umm......

I had so much to say earlier, but I couldn't be botjhered to blog. And now I am I can't remember what I wanted to say. How stupid is that?

Anyhoo went to work, got a till all nice and ready, went and talked to Ally and then Nila stole my till. Not amused. She was going to move but I was just like "it's ok stay there" I soooo wish I hadn't, I ended up on till three. Great. Well it wouldn't have been too bad if it were'nt for the fact that I had no one near me. Damnit, I can't talk to people who aren't there.

Anyhoo I ended up in a pretty bad mood. Everyone was so bloody snobish today. There were only a couple of people who were nice and would actually talk to you. I hat snobish people, you know the people who look down on you and stuff. Argh.

So the listening group thingy actually happened. Although only 8 people turned up, including me. Most poeple thought that basically it was a waste of time and nothing would happen as a result of it so why bother. I can kind of see their point really. I mean apparently all the issues that were brought up were apparently brought up in the last couple months ago. You know so it's obviously not being sorted out.

Anyways, we were there and Chris goes "ok so lets start with what you like about the department" Long silence and blank looks, then Sue goes "The people" Lol, yes everyone agreed on that. So then we moved onto the problems, and there are alot, starting with the fact that nothing works and we dont have stuff on our checkouts. Then the major issue "bums on seats", apparently they're going to be doing a major recruitment drive thingy this week. And do you know what I say to that, bollocks. They were supposed to be doing that like straight after Frome opened, did it happen? No, we get three people. So yeah. Then you get a load of stuff about communication between admin and the department and separate convos going on.

Blah blah blah, people who regularly pick up over time, erm....... yeah I may just do that. Apparently they're now doing contract changes, so I could change my contracted hours, The shifts that they need will be offered to the people as contracted shifts. Ok. Whatever. Then you get tal about poeple who will pick up the overtime that the depatment needs and will come in at the drop of a hat (erm I thought that was just me...) yeah so everyone looks at me, okkk..... Then Anita does alot of pointing and stuff, talks about Saturdays and how I'll stay on and stuff. And how it's people like me who will do the stuff thats needed and stuff.

Blah blah blah I moaned about yesterday, they found that quite amusing in an unamusing way.

Erm yeah so Chris is going to make his notes into an action plan, you know if he actually got it all down. Anita wanted a copy for points that're going to eb raised at the next meeting in a few months, coz it's prolly going to be the same. Anyhoo action plans don't work.

It only went on for an hour though, you know I could tell that Chris wanted to end it several times but everyone just kept talking. Haha.

Anyhoo, tomorrow they are like majorly understaffed all day. Caroline told me that I could work 8-8 if I wanted, number one: no. Number two: you said it your self, I don't do mornings I like to stay in bed. Anyways Anita told her that she wan't allowed to ring me. We'll see.

Yam kind of tired in a I won't sleep kind of way. I can sleep in tomorrow which means that I won't be able to coz I know I can. My mind works in a weird way.

5 comments:

withoutameaning said...

Would you ever do a 12 hour shift at Asda?

Troubled Angel said...

Hmmm, lets see. No. I'm stpid but I'm not that stupid.

withoutameaning said...

Hmm...i dont believe you :P

Troubled Angel said...

No I really wouldn't. Apart from the fact that I don't do mornings. I don't do more than 10 hours at a time. It's just not going to happen with me. I know other people have done it, but no.

withoutameaning said...

Yeah and 10 hours is fucking crazy to do at Asda.

Weird people :P