Ok so I was dreading going intoo work yeaterday, I really wasn't looking forward to the prospect of spending 8 hours in kiosk. But yeah it wasn't that bad.
Went upstairs. Walking along, said "Hi" to Pete "What you doing here?" "Erm working" blank look "wha??" "Kiosk 12-8, like we said" "Oh yeah, I forgot, I've not been having a good day." "Ok well I'm going in kiosk bye" Ahhhh poor thing. lol. But yeah it was overly busy inside the store and there weren't enough people and the morning hadn't been good either.
I was out in the kiosk with Trudie for the first like hour before she went at 1. She kept telling me off because I kept giggling. I don't know why but I was. I even got asked by a customer if I was on something, er no. I just couldn't stop.
Erm yeah. Jan came in. she wanted the lottery numbers since she's been away. Anyhoo Trudie goes to her "that's right abandon the sinking ship" Jan's just there like "what?" And me and Trudie wer just like "This ship. We're sinking." I think she thought we were abit odd. But anyhoo things aren't too good on the department at the mo so yeah.
Anyhoo Stuart the GSM (Manager of ther whole store) was up and he kept coming in for fags, so he must have been running, you know it's busy when he's up and doing something.
Anyhoo I was on my own fromm like 1. I didn't get my break until like 3:45 and I didn't get another one. But then no one is getting the right amount of breaks at the moment becuase theres' no one to cover them all. It was quite busy really until like 5:30ish when it died down alot and by 6:30ish it was dead. By seven I had nothing left to do coz I had once again put out alll the stock and bagged everything up and stuff so yeah.
Anyhoo Pete kept coming out, I don't know why though, I thought he was getting something but he never did. He kept throwing stuff at me though. At one point we were throwing a packet of fags at each other behind the kiosk, there weren't at customers so it didn't matter so much but yeah, I hit him on the head. Erm then he went round the other side and was "tidying" He picked up all the receipts and stuff and chucked them at me, now bearing in mind I had tidied the kiosk up like completely I now he peices of paper all over the floor.
Oh and I broke something. What a suprise. I broke a silly bit of trim thingy stuff. Well it fell off but I got the blame. I was called a vandal. Guess who by. It really wasn't my fault and I tried to put it back up but it wouldn't go.
Helen came in and we were chatting. Pete came along ruining our conversation, damn him and then chatty chatty chatty "You should try parenthood, that's stressful" "He's my dad" "Yeah I'm her dad so I've already done that whole thing" Ok weird. But then she goes "I have to go and do all my shopping by 8" It was 7:20 or something. So yeah she left me, all alone.
That was my main problem yesterday. I had no one to talk to except when Trudie was there and Pete came out to annoy me. So yeah.
Oh and Simon (one of the managers) came out to get the greeters mike and he goes "Do you want to do a tannoy for me?" "Er no" "Why not? An out going person like you" wtf? Ok whatever. Considering I think we have had a total of 2 conversations, where did that come from?
Mum came in. I knew she was coming because Pete was standing by the entrance and goes "Mummy" I knew it wasn't his mum, so yeah it was mine. Everyone calls my mum mummy or mum there. Strange people. So yeah she came over and talked to me. And then I had sweets thrown at me and stuff, Ii threw them back and they hit my mum- the wrong person, oops.
Erm then she wanted some fags and a drink but I couldn't serve her. So guess who I had to call out? Damn it. I was having fun pretending to do something.
Anyhoo I was finished and out before anyone else. Coz I'm amazing.
I'm going to Salisbury on Thursday night. I'm going with Michelle and Kate and others for a drink before they go to uni on Saturday. I feel so sorry for whoever's running on Saturday because I shall be dead especially after Friday (Katie palns to get me drunk) and God help them if they put me out in kiosk.
Anyways. I know it's late and stuff but better late than never right? Plus it's quite long.
Monday, September 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment